GUIDANCE FOR CUSTOMERS REQUIRING WORK DONE DURING COVID–19 RESTRICTIONS
We have compiled this as a reference for you, prior to us attending, so we already have an understanding as to how we can all remain safe. We have gathered this information from Government guidelines, and it is updated as these guidelines change. There will be some things we will ask you to do and we will also include the things we will do.
AT ANY STAGE PRIOR TO AN ON-SITE ASSESSMENT OR FOR COMPLETION OF AGREED/CONTRACTED WORK; IF ANY MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS/OR HAS SHOWN SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19, HAS BEEN ADVISED THROUGH USE OF THE NHS APP OR THROUGH TRACK AND TRACE STAFF THAT THEY HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH A PERSON WHO HAS SYMPTOMS, PLEASE CONTACT ME ON 07456 073235 OR E-MAIL email@example.com PRIOR TO US ATTENDING, SO THAT WE CAN REVIEW OUR AGREEMENT IN ORDER THAT WE CAN KEEP PEOPLE SAFE.
- The required safe distance of 2 metres must be maintained between all parties in the household and our work staff. We will try to keep this to our work area and the route of access to our vehicle.
- We would ask that a 2 metre area square in front of the fireplace is cleared of all unnecessary objects and cleaned with ordinary household cleaner/disinfectant 30mins prior to our arrival. Government guidance suggests wearing disposable or washing-up gloves, using a disposable cloth and cleaning hard surfaces with warm soapy water, before disinfecting these surfaces with the cleaning products you normally use.
- If there are busy areas where your household usually travel, and we are likely to come into contact (e.g. the way to the bathroom/toilet), please try to use an alternative route where possible to avoid the work area.
- We would ask that the windows in the work area are opened to increase ventilation and that internal doors should be left open. This is so we do not have to touch door handles unnecessarily.
- Please keep your mobile phone with you at all times in the house, in case we need to contact you. This will allow us to remain in the work area at all times.
- If we do need close proximity (2 metres) contact with members of the household whilst on the premises, it will be limited to 15 minutes.
- We would ask that payments be made electronically wherever possible, or by placing the correct cash in an envelope with the amount written on the outside.
- Any relevant documentation will also be forwarded electronically.
To help keep you safe, we will take the following actions:
- We will be conducting a phased return to work in the initial stages (jobs will be fewer and more spread out) to ensure that the actions we have outlined below can be carried out efficiently, especially between jobs.
- We will maintain High Personal Hygiene practices (washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or anti-bacterial hand sanitiser) on a regular basis. Hands will be washed/sanitised immediately prior to and immediately after a visit.
- We will wear face coverings when on your premises, these may be changed for other respirators/facemasks during the course of our work for our safety in respect of soot and dust particles.
- All equipment to be used on the job is cleaned in advance of attending and kept free from contamination.
- All work clothing is washed daily and properly dried.
- Only our own food and drink will be consumed at the premises.
- Our workers will maintain the 2 metre social distancing guidelines wherever possible. Unfortunately, this may not be possible all the time but it will only be breached where absolutely necessary and only for as long as is necessary.
- The same workers are used for jobs and fully briefed and updated on current guidance and the standards expected.